With the summer at its peak, it’s no surprise the sun is being a villain to all the beautiful ladies. Starting with skin tan, wrinkles, UV rays cruelly playing with our skin cells and simply the skin burn you experience once you step out of the house, the list goes on and on. To protect your skin from the harsh sun, here is my review of a sunscreen worth checking out!!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content : 100 gm.
- Lotus Herbals Sunscreen protects your skin from broad spectrum UVA and UVB rays.
- Also, it gets absorbed into the skin pretty fast.
- Thankfully, it is non-greasy.
- And it blends into the skin pretty well.
- This sunscreen has a beige color with pink undertones.
- It has a soothing effect on the skin. The skin doesn’t burn when you go out in the sun like it does when you go without sunscreen.
- Also, it gives a matte finish.
- And has a thick creamy consistency.
- It lightens the skin slightly after application.
- Also, it is suitable for all skin types.
- It is quite travel friendly.
- It is not suitable for all skin tones. It’ll look chalky on dusky skin tones.
- It is not water or sweat proof. So naturally, when you sweat, the colour from the sun screen gets transferred to the clothes. I wouldn’t recommend wearing white or other light coloured clothes.
- It has a slight talcum smell ( talcum is one of the ingredients ) which I don’t mind. But some may mind.
- A bit costly for a sunscreen but with the amount of protection it provides against the sun it is kind of okay.
- I tend to squeeze out more product than I need since the opening is kind of big.
Rating : 3.8/5.
- SPF means Sun Protection Factor. It indicates the level of protection from UVB rays. SPF 40 indicates 6 + hours of protection before the sunburn starts in your skin.
- Confused as to what PA means? It means Protection Grade of UVA (PA) which indicates the level of protection from UVA rays. It is leveled as PA+, PA++ and PA+++. More the ‘+’ sign, more the protection from UVA rays.
- Also, I wouldn’t recommend this product for dusky skin toned people because on application, your face will look chalky.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
When I sweat with this product on, the sweat appears greyish white as if I have talcum slathered on my skin which is quite embarrassing among company. So, next time I would buy a sunscreen without matte.