My love for glosses started with Lakme Absolute Plump and Shine Lip Gloss. The look and feel was so good, I instantly fell for it! You’ll come to know why when you continue reading this review. Lakme Absolute Gloss is available in 10 shades. The shade that I am going to review today is Pink Shine. It is a beautiful pink colour with slight coral undertones and it is one of the few pink shades perfect for warm skin toned beauties.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The transparent plastic tube contains the product name. It also comes with a silver cap. The packaging looks great.
- The doe foot applicator is quite good. It is comfortable for applying the gloss.
- Also, it has an amazing staying power for 5+ hours with light meals. It doesn’t stay much after full meals (though it is to be expected). It comes close to its 6 hours claim.
- Furthermore, it has good pigmentation. One swipe is all you need for the color to show up on your lips. The shade is buildable though.
- It has a thick liquid like consistency.
- And it provides good hydration to your lips. You need not moisturise your lips before application.
- Most importantly, it makes the lips look plump and glossy after application. True to its claim!
- The shade Pink Shine has no shimmer (which is a definite plus for me but might be a con for those who like shimmer in their gloss ).
- It’ll cover even pigmented lips beautifully to give an even color.
- Affordable (though the price is Rs. 450, you can get it online for just Rs. 350 and it’s worth every penny you spend on it).
- Great for everyday wear. It would be a great start for someone who wants a change from lip balms as their everyday wear.
- One of the few pink shades suitable for medium skin tone.
- No ingredients list.
- Exfoliate your lips before applying this product for a super smooth finish.
- Pink Shine will suit all skin tones from fair to dusky but It will look more flattering on fair to wheatish skin tones.
- Wait for 1 seconds before applying the second coat. Allow time for the first coat to settle into your lips.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
This is the first lip gloss that I have ever bought and I am incredibly happy with it. Though it looked too bright and glossy when applied, it settled beautifully on my lips to a smooth finish after a minute of application.
Would I recommend it? Absolutely.