I am always on the lookout for good hair care products because I firmly believe hair makes up major part of your beauty. I have tried some 6-7 different brands of shampoos so far and I still haven’t found my Holy Grail shampoo. So, let’s get on with the review of one of the first brands I have tried, Himalaya Gentle Care Shampoo.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content : 100 ml.
- Himalaya Gentle Care Shampoo comes in a white bottle with green lettering. It is simple and practical.
- And it has a flip open lid which is very convenient to use.
- Himalaya is one of the few shampoos in the market not loaded with chemicals like parabens, silicone, SLES or artificial foaming agents.
- Also, it smells okay. The smell is mild and kind of pleasant.
- It is pearly white in color and has the right consistency.
- In addition, it removes oil and dirt from the hair quite well.
- It neither increases nor reduces hair fall.
- Moreover, it’s definitely affordable.
- Since the lid shuts with a click and the bottle itself being sturdy, it is travel friendly.
- Himalaya Gentle Care Shampoo fails to fulfill its claims to reduce hair fall, protect your hair from everyday damage and strengthen your hair. It does none of that.
- Also, it has increased the dandruff in my hair.
- It made my hair very dry and brittle.
- Moreover, it doesn’t lather much. So, one might end up using much more quantity than needed.
Rating : 2.6/5.
- I feel that this shampoo is more right for people with oily hair.
- Don’t take too much of the shampoo just because it doesn’t lather much.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I had got this Himalaya shampoo a long time ago. I have dry-normal hair. Just because this shampoo said gentle daily care, I thought that this would be a mild shampoo and that it wouldn’t strip the moisture from my hair. Boy!! Was I wrong? It made my hair super dry and caused dandruff to break out. Not my kind of product at all!! This shampoo will be perfect for people with oily scalp looking for an affordable product to clean the oil and dirt from the scalp.
Would I recommend it? Nope. Not unless you have a very good hair and a clean scalp free of dandruff. If you fit into this category, this is a good shampoo for everyday use.