Nobody likes oiling their hair. The sticky, oily pichu-pichu feeling makes our nose crunch at the thought of it. Hair serum relieves us from all that.
A good hair serum should –
- Protect your hair from damage caused by the sun and pollution.
- Make your hair soft and silky.
- Detangle hair perfectly.
- Prevent dryness.
So, let’s see if Livon Hair Serum does its job.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content : 100 ml.
- Livon Serum is light weighted unlike the Livon Silky potion.
- Also, I totally dig the pink transparent bottle. Packaging looks really cute. Even the outer carton looks good.
- In addition, the transparent bottle makes it easy to keep track of product left.
- Almost 4-5 ml is enough to effectively cover your medium length hair.
- And it works best on me after drying the hair than when applied on damp hair.
- It has a runny texture. Easy to spread in the hair.
- Moreover it detangles my hair pretty good.
- It doesn’t make my hair limp or greasy.
- Another pro is it controls frizz to an extent.
- Budget friendly. 236 bucks for 100 ml is quite a steal if you ask me.
- Shelf life : 36 months.
- It lasts for 3-4 hours only on my hair. After that I need to reapply.
- It has a flip open cap which is not really effective because of the product’s runny nature. So, not travel friendly.
- It causes so much of hair fall when it touches the scalp. So, apply only from middle of the hair (starting fro the mid ear) to the end.
- It has a strong smell which I don’t like. But it fades away from the hair after some time.
- Finally, it fails on its claim to provide damage control from sun and pollution. I get split ends when I go out in the sun even having applied this serum.
- You can apply this serum in damp as well as dry hair. Apply at both times and decide which works best for you.
- Don’t let it touch your scalp.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Though it’s comparatively cheaper than other serum brands out there, I cannot call it a good serum. It’s passable. That’s all. You can spend a little more money to get a better serum.
But if you have a very healthy, thick hair and looking for a budget serum to detangle hair, then this will be perfect for you.