Okay. Every girl needs to indulge once in a while. Is it my mistake that I’m addicted to red lipsticks. Add to the fact that it is organic. Can you guys blame me for splurging a lil’ with this Ruby’s Organics Lipstick?
RUBY’S ORGANICS CLAIMS :
Ruby’s Organics Lipstick carries all the benefits of a lip balm but wears and stays like a lipstick. The semi-matte finish colors are made to suit everybody. The moisturizing butter of Mango and Shea help soften lips and are combined with a rich blend of antioxidant and oils of Almond and Castor.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 3.7 gm.
It comes in 8 versatile shades-
- Raisin (earthy brown shade)
- Roseate (peachy pink shade)
- Brick (crimson red shade)
- Apricot (candy red shade)
- Plum (jam shade with magenta undertones)
- Sweet Pea (bubblegum pink shade)
- Burgundy (burgundy shade)
- Nuddy (nude shade)
- Ruby’s Organic Lipsticks come in a black crayon plastic case with the brand name written in white. Though this looks like a crayon lipstick needing to be sharpened, it’s not! It is twister tube (Thank God!).
- It is a warm red shade, a crimson red to be specific that will suit all the skin tones.
- True to its claims, it is so moisturizing. All that mango and Shea butter soften the lips. I didn’t even exfoliate my lips when taking the LOTD.
- Ruby’s Organic lipstick has good pigmentation. One swipe delivered enough color for a subtle everyday look and two coats made sure you are ready for a wedding or a party.
- It gave off a semi matte finish.
- I love it’s non sticky formula.
- In addition, it has a very mild, pleasant fragrance.
- Furthermore, this shade instantly brightened my complexion.
- Also, it is vegetarian. And it doesn’t contain alcohol parabens, SLS, SLES Petroleum, Chemical Preservatives or Heavy Metals.
- It has jojoba oil, almond oil and castor oil. I mean, do you really need better lip care?
- Not tested on animals.
- Travel friendly.
- Shelf life : 18 months.
- Unfortunately, it lasted only for 3-4 hours on me without any meals. And it does not survive a meal. Though I’m kind of console myself that I’m not swallowing any chemicals.
- Availability. Since it is kind of hard to get your hands on, especially offline.
- It is not smudge proof. It transfers!
- I feel it is a bit too expensive.
Rating : 4/5.
- Also, be careful while placing the cap back on the product. I have cut the lipstick bullet with the cap many a times. And it is quite messy to clean it up :/.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Though the price, staying power, transferring part etc. lets you down, my heart says a big AYE than a NAY to this product just for its Ingredients list and its moisturizing nature. And as a red lover, I do find this shade of red to be an universally flattering shade for all the awesome women out there!
Would I recommend it? If you are huge on lip care and don’t mind spending a little more for it, go for it!