Waxing is one of the most effective ways to remove body hair. But it is also super-scary because it involves hot wax, lots of pulling, ow! moments, burning and redness. The pain you experience when each set of hair strands is pulled is enough to promise yourself that you’ll not put your skin through that torture again. But it isn’t exactly like we have a choice until Rica Waxing. Rica is an Italian-based natural wax manufacturer that promises painless waxing.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP: Rs.950 (It is available in Amazon and Nykaa).
Content: 800 ml.
I came across this wax when I visited Green Trends for a waxing session. I’ll first tell you what I liked and didn’t like about this wax and then tell you about my personal experience.
- The metallic container looked nice and sturdy.
- Rica is a natural wax with natural vegetable oils.
- Also, it doesn’t smell much. It had a mild fragrance that was hardly noticeable.
- And it adheres to the skin pretty well.
- It was very effective in removing hair. It removed all the hair in just one pull.
- Most noteworthy, it was not super hot like your normal waxes. I guess Rica wax has a lower melting point than other waxes.
- Furthermore, it was truly much less painful than other waxing sessions I had with other waxes.
- Rica wax is 100% colophony free. Colophony is a skin sensitizer which causes allergic dermatitis.
- The whole session took only 10 minutes. So, yeah Rica Wax saves time as there is no need to repeat waxing for missed hair.
- It removes even fine hairs well.
- I didn’t experience any swelling or redness after my waxing session.
- Yep! You guessed it right. It is a little more expensive than your normal wax. It cost around 675 bucks for both my hands. But it was worth it.
Rating : 4.95/5.
- Don’t forget to ask your beautician if they have Rica Waxing the next time you visit your salon. It’s totally worth the try.
- Make sure your beautician applies pre and post wax lotions on you.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
The beautician at Green Trends suggested me Rica Waxing. When she mentioned the ‘much less pain’ part, I was skeptical initially but then I was like ‘why not?’. I’m glad I tried this. The beautician had applied Rica Cotton Milk Pre-Wax Gel to cleanse the skin and prep it for waxing. Next, she proceeded to apply the wax. I was literally closing my eyes because I expected the wax to be hot. But surprisingly, it wasn’t. Another surprise came when she pulled it quick and I was expecting the pain where you’re hair is pulled from the root but it was like an ant’s sting. There one minute, gone the next. She then proceeded to apply Rica Rose After Wax lotion. It smelled nice. But most importantly, it made my skin super soft and supple.
Would I recommend Rica Waxing? You GOT TO try it! You’ll love it! I’m planning to get one myself.