I’m pretty sure we all know about Maybelline Newyork but how many of you have heard about Nicka K Newyork? Very few. Isn’t being a makeup blogger all about going the extra mile and trying the unknown. So, I half-heartedly got Nicka K Newyork Silky Matte Stick in the shade Wild Rose. And today’s review is going to be about this gem of a lipstick.
Nicka K was founded in 1995. It claims to bring to you professional quality makeup, created by the experts at the most affordable prices. And so far they are keeping up their promise.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 2.5 gm
Nicka K Silky Matte Stick is available in 10 shades. They are
- NKF01 Wild Rose (red with slight maroon undertones).
- NKF02 Revolver (a subtle purple)
- NKF03 Night Rider (black)
- NKF04 Tapestry (nude shade)
- NKF05 Paco (rich brown)
- NKF06 Sanguine Brown (velvety brown)
- NKF07 Potter’s Clay (muddy brown)
- NKF08 Tosca (mauve with brown undertones)
- NKF09 Cherry Wood (woody brown with red undertones)
- NKF10 Irish Coffee (coffee shade)
- Color-coded packaging with the shade name written at the bottom. So it is easy to ID the shade if you have to pick among various shades of this lipstick. And I seriously think you guys should try more shades from this range.
- 10 shades are available. You’ll definitely find a shade that’ll look flattering on you.
- Nicka K offers versatile and unique shades ranging from red, mauve, nude, purple, brown to black!
- Nicka K’s Wild Rose is super pigmented. One swipe gave an opaque finish on my lips.
- It provides medium-full coverage.
- So, it’ll be a great choice for ladies with pigmented lips.
- It gives a soft, supple look to the lips.
- Nicka K has very good staying power. It stayed on for 6-7 hours on my lips even with light snacks. But it doesn’t survive meals (atleast the lower lips) which is to be expected.
- After 2-3 hours, it settles into matte finish on the lips.
- It feels light on the lips.
- It has a non-drying formula. So, safely skip the lip balm.
- It keeps the lips moisturised.
- The packaging is quite sturdy. So, go ahead. Take it during your travels. Travel friendly.
- It is affordable. I think it is worth every penny you spend on it.
- Okay, I got to say I’m not much impressed with the packaging. It comes in a plastic tube that looks super plain and boring. The paint on the tube peels off easily.
- It transfers!
- Contains parabens.
Rating : 4.6/5.
- Proper exfoliation is necessary before applying this lipstick. It has a tendency to settle into fine lines otherwise.
- Wild Rose will suit all skin tones but will look flattering on fair to medium skin tones.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
This lipstick has become my recent favorite because of its intense color pay-off. And the shade is really good. I’m particularly impressed with the variety of colors offered in this range.
Would I recommend it? Yep, definitely. It is such a nice change from the usual brands I reach for. And I think it’s time we come out of the cocoon and try new stuff in the market.