Hiya beauties! I need not tell you guys how important sun protection is. Pretty much all of us understand the importance of sunscreen without which we’ll become a victim of sun burns, tanning, wrinkles and possibly skin cancer. Today, I’ll introduce a great sunscreen that I found – Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+. On the same context, I’ll also clear up some myths and offer rules of the thumb.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ Claims:
- To offer the best protection under sun.
- To provide broad spectrum protection from the harmful UVA and UVB rays using stabilised HelioplexTM Technology.
- Perfect for all skin types.
- Broad Spectrum Protection means protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
- PA Rating measures how much a sunscreen blocks UVA rays. More the ‘+’ signs, more the protection. PA+++ is the most protection a sunscreen can offer.
- Sun Protection factor (SPF)means the amount of time the sunscreen provides protection against UVB rays only, after which it should be reapplied.
- UVA Rays can penetrate deep into the skin and cause immediate tanning, wrinkles and premature ageing.
- UVB Rays affects the superficial layer of skin and causes delayed tanning, sun burn and skin cancer.
- Helioplex Technology prevents the sun protection from breaking down by stabilising UVA protection so that even under highly intensive sunlight, the sun protection does its job much more effectively over a longer period of time (up to 5 – 6 hours).
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 88 ml.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer comes in a white, compact tube with blue and black writing and matte finish with a light blue cap. It looks simple and classy.
- It has a mild, pleasant fragrance.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is white in colour and has a thick, creamy consistency.
- However, it gets absorbed into the skin really well with slight massage.
- My husband has oily skin and he finds it very light weight, non shiny. Probably because of the Dry Touch Technology. He tells me that unlike some other sunscreens he has tried, it does not make his face oily.
- It is non greasy and non sticky.
- Most importantly, it wears well under makeup.
- A little product goes a long way.
- PA+++ provides the best protection a sunscreen could against UVA rays. So, yep! No extra wrinkles or tanning provided I reapply it every 2 hours or so.
- High SPFensures I can go without sunburn for 1-2 hours.
- The broad-spectrum protection helps slow ageing and prevent burns. Or so it claims, I have to use it for another year to vouch for it. Until then, lets trust Neutrogena.
- Non-comedogenic and hence no clogged pores which is very, very important here in Singapore.
- The one or rather 3 reasons I absolutely adore this product is because its waterproof, sweat proof and anti-rub off.
- Suitable for all skin types, including oily skin, because of its oil-free, dry touch formula.
- It can be used on your face as well as your body.
- Oil and PABA-Free.
- Shelf Life: 36 months.
- Quite expensive for a sunscreen.
Rating : 4.6/5.
- Apply on to your face and the exposed parts of your body 15-30 minutes before heading out into the sun.
- Reapply after excessive sweating, swimming, bath, towel drying etc.
- Apply adequate amount in short intervals of time rather than slathering on the product once and skipping it for a long interval of time.
- You DON’T NEED Sunscreen INDOORS:
Wrong! Sunlight penetrates through windows and can cause damage. Apply sunscreen or stay away from direct sunlight.
- You DON’T NEED Sunscreen at NIGHT/CLOUDY DAY:
Always apply sunscreen while at night etc. because UV rays are emitted from fluorescent light also. Also, even on a cloudy day, the sunlight can easily penetrate through cloud, mist etc.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I am on to my third tube with this sunscreen. I specially love it for its broad spectrum technology and its waterproof feature because I go out swimming and I was badly in need of a waterproof sunscreen.
Would I recommend it? Yes!