So, you guys know how my cousin asked me to help her with choosing some budget cosmetics and I had taken her to H&G to get some. And that’s when I picked up the Maybelline New York White Super Fresh Compact. Since I have dry to normal skin, I didn’t bother to get it before but my cousin has oily skin and it suited her really well. So, this review is on her behalf.
Skin tone : Medium to Dusky (somewhere between them).
Skin type : Oily Skin.
Maybelline White Super Fresh Claims:
It claims to have UV filters that protect skin from both sun darkening and damage. Helps you stay 12 Hr Fair and Fresh. Contains Perlite, a pure mineral that helps absorbs oil and sweat. Gives a naturally perfect-looking complexion.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP: Rs.150 (Available online at Flipkart, Jabong, Amazon and Nykaa)
Content: 8 gm.
Available in 3 shades:
- The Super Fresh Compact comes in a white, plastic case with a buff and a mirror. The packaging looks nice.
- It’s texture is a smooth, finely milled powder.
- It looked toffee-brown on my skin.
- This shade has yellow undertones that prevent it from giving white ghost-like look.
- So, this shade will be suitable for medium-dusky skin tones.
- In addition, it has a mild floral fragrance which we didn’t really mind. It was hardly noticeable yet pleasant.
- Moreover, the powder blended into my combination skin (I had prepped my skin of course) as well as my cousin’s oily skin really well. I used both brush and the given buff and it fared well with both.
- It has good staying power. It stayed for 5+ hours on my combination skin while it stayed for 4-5 hours on my cousin’s oily skin when we managed to be sweat free. While sweating, it stayed for 4-5 hours on me and 3 hours on her.
- Also, it gave a decent coverage. One coating gave us sheer coverage like a mild photo filter. But the second coating gave an evened out, smooth look. It instantly brightened her complexion and me? I looked a lil’ tanned :p.
- It gives matte finish not the flat kind but the ‘fresh face’ kind. A perfect natural finish!
- Also, it contains SPF 28 to protect your skin.
- It is super affordable. You can get it online for just Rs.126.
- Suitable for everyday use.
- The compact is quite sturdy and travel friendly.
- Most importantly, it keeps the face oil and shine free for a long time.
- Dermatologist tested.
- Shelf life: 24 months.
- It tends to highlight dry patches and settle into eye creases if the skin is not prepped well.
- It has just 3 shades. There is a serious limited choice for the dusky and darker skin tones.
- Though it gave a slight tanned look on me, it was 2 shades lighter than my cousin’s skin tones. So, I’m very sure Coral, though the darkest shade available, will be very very light for dark skin tones.
- Even dry skinned beauties can use this product provided you moisturize your face well before using it.
- Dusky and dark skinned beauties, sorry. There is no right shade for you in this range.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
This product came of as an pleasant surprise for me. I mean, it just cannot get better than this. Apart from the shade availability issue, it is quite amazing with its staying power and the natural finish.
Do I recommend it? Yep! Definitely.