Hi dolls, so my cousin asked me to help her with choosing some budget cosmetics. So, what do you think of when you think budget cosmetics? Maybelline Newyork, isn’t it? I took her out to H&G to get some and that’s when I saw the Fit Me Foundation. Since I have dry to normal skin, I didn’t bother to get it before but my cousin has oily skin and it suited her really well. So, this review is on her behalf.
Skin tone : Medium to Dusky (somewhere between them).
Skin type : Oily Skin.
Having a skin type between medium to dusky means she couldn’t get an ideal foundation suiting her skin tone yet. But thanks to Maybelline who have introduced 3? 5?? No. 10? Noo. 40 shades!? in their new Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation range. Thanks Maybelline and the best part is…psst read on to know more.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Claims:
Fit Me Matte + Poreless from Maybelline New York goes beyond skin tone matching to fit the unique texture issues of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural skin fit. While some foundations can exaggerate pores and oily skin, only the Fit Me Matte+ pore-minimizing foundation contains genius blurring micro-powders that erase pores and absorb oil for a naturally matte and poreless-looking finish.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Ingredients List:
Aqua / Water / Eau Cyclohexasiloxane Nylon-12 Isododecane Alcohol Denat. Cyclopentasiloxane Peg-10 Dimethicone Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone Peg-20 Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate Disteardimonium Hectorite Phenoxyethanol Magnesium Sulfate Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 30 ml.
Shelf Life: 30 Months.
Shades available in India are-
- The packaging looks cute. A transparent glass bottle with a black screw on cap. All the product information is written on top of the product.
- Most important plus of this product is the huge variety of shades available. I mean which brand has 40 foundation shades? Everyone is sure to find their right fit.
- It has a smooth, creamy texture. The consistency is just right without being too runny or too thick.
- The best part is that it does not clog pores (tried it both on my normal skin and my cousin’s oily skin). In fact, it minimizes and covers up pores, blemishes and evens out fine lines just like it claims.
- It blends like a dream on both of us?. However, when I was having a dry day (yeah, I tried it when my skin was normal and when it was kind of dry), Fit Me Foundation highlighted every dry spot and made it look patchy. Not a con exactly since they did mention it is for normal to oily skin.
- Also, it can be applied and blended in with fingers as well as with a brush.
- It looks like a second skin. Blends so well and hides slightly dark patches and light acne marks that your skin looks naturally flawless.
- Fit Me Foundation stays on my cousin (oily skin) for 4-5 hours straight. It lasted longer on me (normal skin) for 6+ hours.
- Though it provides light to medium coverage, it can be built up for more coverage.
- It feels feather light on the skin. Like I’m not wearing anything on the face.
- It gives a matte finish and is shine-free.
- Fit Me Foundation is oil-free and wax-free.
- Dermatologically tested.
- It is perfect for everyday wear.
- The product is affordable.
- The packaging is inconvenient to use because it lacks pump dispenser or anything to pump out or squeeze the product out.
- We tend to take a little more than necessary when we pour it out. So, it leads to product wastage. My cousin was super disappointed about the lack of dispenser.
- Was I mentioning about the 40 shades? Ahem. How many do you think is available in India? Just 14 shades people! Isn’t it disappointing? Hopefully, they will release the other shades soon.
Rating : 4.5/5.
- Dry skinned beauties, be sure to moisturize your face well before applying this product.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I love affordable, good products. This product from Maybelline is very good and my cousin was impressed by it too. Especially when the shade matched hr skin tone perfectly. Personally, the three reason as to why I haven’t got this shade is because I get the right shade for my skin tone from most of the brands. Secondly, I’m not a huge fan of liquid foundations in general. And lastly, the lack of dispenser doesn’t sit well with me.
FInal Verdict : If you like liquid foundations and want an affordable everyday foundation, go for it. You simply cannot get a better product than this at this price range.