Indian women and kajal are inseparable. We all love kajal and are constantly looking out for good ones in the market. So, it was no big surprise when I got the Maybelline Colossal Kajal – Super Black.
The Colossal Super Black Kajal Claims:
- SUPER BLACK With Light Absorbing Pigments, the Colossal Kajal formula delivers 2 times more blackness and double the intensity. For the boldest black look that enhances the natural color & shine of your eyes – in a single stroke.
- SUPER SMOOTH Enriched with oil for super smooth application, Maybelline Colossal Kajal glides on effortlessly and evenly, to perfectly define eyes – in one smooth stroke – while adding a rich, glossy sheen to the color result that lasts all day.
- SUPER LASTING Waterproof, smudge proof formula of Maybelline Colossal Kajal stays intense for 16 hours.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
CONTENT : 0.35 gm
- The packaging looks good. It comes in a black twister tube with Maybelline’s typical yellow lettering on it.
- Furthermore, it has a creamy texture.
- As a result, it doesn’t tug on my lids. So, it glides on quite smoothly.
- Super black stays without smudging for 5 hours and stays another 3-4 hours with quite a bit of smudging.
- The pigmentation is good but not great. One swipe delivers a light black line. Only after 2-3 strokes, we get super black finish.
- It gives a matte finish to the eyes.
- Super Black is opthalmologically tested and is suitable for sensitive eyes & contact lens users.
- It is waterproof.
- And it is travel friendly.
- Unfortunately, this kajal is not smudge-proof as it claims.
- It is quite expensive. I don’t see any big difference between the Colossal Kajal and the Super Black kajal. So, I don’t see the need for such price difference for slightly more pigmentation.
Rating : 4.2/5.
- Do not rub your eyes while wearing Maybelline Super Black Kajal. If you accidentally rub your eyes, be ready to end up with raccoon eyes.
- Pat a bit of compact powder or loose powder on your eyes before applying this kajal if you have oily lids. This will intensify the matte look and prevent the smudging by a fraction.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Maybelline Super Black kajal was introduced right after the colored kohls. Since they had proved to be amazing, I grabbed the Super Black kajal with much enthusiasm. It hasn’t disappointed me but it didn’t awe me either. It is between like and love for me. I more than like it but I don’t love it. The pigmentation and the staying power draws me to it but the price kind of puts me off.
Would I recommend it? Yes. If you like intense black finish you can go for it but personally I feel the Colossal Kajal is a better pick for you if you mind spending 120 bucks extra for this.