Hello Ladies, Okay, I admit. I am a cult worshiper of Lakme Eyeconic Kajal. Like if I am wearing a kajal on day to day basis, you can be sure that I have this on 90% of the time (tough I own a lot of other kajals). So naturally, I didn’t bother buying Maybelline Colossal Kajal till now. But with everyone raving about it, lets say my curiosity got the better of me. So, here is my review.
Maybelline Colossal Kajal Claims:
- Contains Aloe Vera
- Lasts up to 24 hours
- Does not smudge
- Waterproof formula
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 0.35 gm.
- Colossal Kajal comes in the usual yellow, twister tube. The packaging is cute and easy to spot.
- The texture is smooth because of which it glides on the lid without tugging.
- It lasts up to 7 hours without smudging after which it starts smudging a little. Only after 10 hours, the major smudging starts.
- I loved the matte finish it gave of once it settled on my lids. Too good.
- The formula is waterproof.
- Also, it claims to be infused with the goodness of Aloe Vera.
- Maybelline Colossal Kajal is ophthalmologist tested. I did not experience any irritation, stinging, or allergy while having it on.
- Can be safely used on the waterline.
- Since it is retractable, there is no need of sharpening and no product wastage.
- It is affordable. Online prices start from 160 bucks.
- Travel friendly.
- Shelf Life: 24 months.
- Most prominently, its color payoff is pretty bad. It delivers intense black color only after 2-3 swipes. No Intense color pay off as it claims.
- Though it lasts long, their 24 hour claim is sham.
Rating : 4.3/5.
- Remove the leftover kajal on the waterline using olive oil. Not only is it good for eyelash growth, it is also very safe compared to makeup remover.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Frankly, I didn’t find The Colossal Kajal to be worth all the rave. While I definitely applaud the super matte finish it gave off and staying power, I find the fact that I need to swipe 2-3 times to bring out the true color to be a mood damper. I mean come on, I’m in a hurry 90% of the time. Do you think I’ll reach for this product which’ll take 30 sec extra or the one that’ll give me an intense color pay off?
Recommended? Yes, if you have some time to spare for those extra swipes.