“Improve your packaging to up your sales”, said a wise man. And I admit I’m becoming a sucker for well packed, expensive products. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick 236 Vin De Fantasme came into my vanity for this very reason and the fact that I miss a purple shade in my collection of lipsticks. But was it really purple?
L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipstick 236 Vin De Fantasme Claims:
Indulge your lips in rich vibrant color with L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lipsticks.They give a gorgeous velvet matte finish.The unique formula contains jojoba oil for unrivaled moisture and comfort along with matte gel technology to create an intense matte look.
- Highly pigmented color that delivers rich matte effect.
- Jojoba Oil keep lips hydrated.
- Gives a smooth and silky finish.
- Easy to apply and long lasting.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 3.7 gm.
- The packaging screams luxury! But aren’t all L’Oreal Color Riche lipsticks like that? The rose gold metallic case with color indicator is classy.
- Furthermore, the broad range of 24 shades certainly don’t hurt. I mean you have a shade for everyone from nudes, red, brown, plum, chocolate, pink and even beige man. So, indulge away.
- Vin De Fantasme is a deep plum shade. I’m sporting this shade a lot in contrast to the grey weather that Chennai is sporting currently!
- Contrary to my early fear, it is a shade that anyone with wheatish, medium , dusky or dark skin tones can carry off with ease. And pale skins too can carry this off if you are in for a dramatic, bold lips!
- It has a creamy matte texture and packs a non drying formula.
- Glides on the lips when applying lipstick without tugging.
- It stays put for 5-6 hours with light snacks in between.
- And while it doesn’t survive a full meal, it certainly leaves a nice stain behind without fading in patches.
- On my lips, it stays hydrated for 2 hours and then starts making it dry without a lip balm (Yep, my lips become dry fast). I think it’s quite a feat for a matte lipstick.
- I also like the fact that there is almost no deductible smell in this lipstick.
- It is very smooth and comfortable on the lips.
- It gives off a good coverage. One swipe itself delivers the original color and gives a medium to opaque finish. Two swipes, you are good with a vamp look (If you carry a pale look with it).
- Also, it doesn’t feel as dry as other matte lipsticks I have tried. Maybe because of being infused with jojoba oil.
- Vin De Fantasme is highly pigmented and it leaves a nice fading stain on the lips.
- Shelf life: 2 years.
- First of all, it’s not transfer proof. It transfers a little on spoons but nothing major.
- Though it’s a nice shade and all, I think it is more appropriate for mature women. I dunno I feel a lil’ old wearing that shade.
- It’s too costly and certainly makes me want to rethink if I’m wise with my money. Nowadays, it’s possible to get 2 lipsticks with the same quality as this one. But what can you say, some e-com sites lure you with attractive offers.
Rating : 4/5.
- You are good to go as far as you exfoliate and clean your lips well. The formula tends to cling on dry, parched lips.
- Apply lip balm underneath before applying Vin De Fantasme to get super smooth lips look!
- Though anyone can carry it off well, it would look best on dark skin tones!
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I find Vin De Fantasme to be a perfect shade for winters. To add a touch of color to an otherwise grey day. It’s a good quality lipstick but I can’t help feeling it’s a little over priced. I mean put 500 bucks and get a MAC instead.
Would I recommend? If you don’t mind being liberal with your pocket. Why not?