I was digging through my vanity when I came across the very first compact I have ever tried. Back then I had no idea of complexion, undertones or even the right shade. And I had just randomly picked this Lakme Radiance Complexion Compact in the shade Pearl. So, read on to know what happens if you choose the wrong shade and how you can make it work for your skin.
Lakme Radiance Complexion Compact Claims:
- Contains Vitamin E & C and Allantoin Complex.
- Advanced Micromesh Technology and Allantoin complex formula.
- Blends effortlessly.
- Nourishes skin.
- Moisturizes skin.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 9 gm.
Available in 4 shades:
- The Radiance Complexion Compact comes in a square maroon, plastic case with a buff and a mirror.
- It’s texture is smooth.
- It looked a tad whitish on my wheatish skin. But it did settle to suit my skin tone once it oxidized. One of the main reason as to why I didn’t regret my purchase. It looked perfect after a bit of oxidation.
- This shade has pink undertones. Totally not my undertone but hey was I ever thankful for the concept called oxidation?
- So, this shade will be suitable for fair skin tones as a general rule. But if you have oily skin, even wheat ski tones can try this shade.
- In addition, it’s smell is hardly noticeable.
- Moreover, the powder blended into my skin really well.
- It has good staying power. It stayed for 5+ hours on me. While sweating, it stayed for 3-4 hours on me.
- The coverage is pretty decent for a dirt cheap compact like this.
- Most importantly, it gives a smooth, even finish to the skin.
- It is really really cheap. I mean I can quite literally challenge you to find a compact as good as this at the same price.
- That’s one of the reasons it is beginner friendly.
- Suitable for everyday use.
- Also, it does not highlight dry patches or settle into eye creases.
- The compact is quite sturdy and travel friendly.
- Most importantly, it keeps the face oil and shine free for a long time.
- Dermatologist tested.
- Shelf life: 36 months.
- The packaging looks kind of outdated. I mean, Come on Lakme! You could do better.
- Dusky and dark skinned beauties, sorry. There is no right shade for you in this range.
- Even dry skinned beauties can use this product provided you moisturize your face well before using it.
- If the compact shade is a tad bit whitish or has pink undertones, make sure to apply a little more moisturizer and then apply the compact. As a result, the oxidation will change the shade to bit peachy and bring out the yellow undertones.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
This product is great way for beginners to start their makeup journey. I mean the online prices start at about 104 bucks. But I wouldn’t advise it for covering up your blemishes, marks etc.
Do I recommend it? Only if you have a clear skin that only needs to be evened out.