Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Lip Color Claims:
Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte is the first lip color with a built-in primer for a long-lasting, matte finish. The Built-in primer makes the color stay comfortably for 12 long hours. It also has a smooth application ensures an intense color payoff. Moreover, you don’t need touch-ups for not 8 but 12 hours. The Key Primer Ingredient ensures that the lipstick gives a smooth finish and feels extremely comfortable on your lips.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 3.6 gm.
- The packaging is pretty impressive. Primer Lipstick comes in a rose gold metal tube with the shade name written at the bottom of the tube.
- This lipstick range packs 35 shades from a range of reds, pinks, corals, browns etc.
- Despite being a matte lipstick, it doesn’t tug as long as you have properly exfoliated and moisturized your lips.
- Rosy Mind is such a workable shade. It’s such a perfect mix of pink with coral and red that it comes out as a peachy pink shade.
- The pigmentation is really good too. One swipe delivers pretty decent color and the color delivery is quite rich with two swipes.
- It has a normal staying power, lasting about 4-5 hours with lip balm and 5-6 hours without it. It semi-survives meals but reapplication of the lipstick is needed nonetheless.
- It’ll suit fair to medium skin tones.
- Also, it doesn’t transfer much.
- Moreover, it leaves behind a good stain.
- The tube is quite sturdy and hence travel friendly.
- The price is reasonable.
- This lipstick range is an absolute no-no without proper exfoliation.
- If you fail to exfoliate, it will end up highlighting every dry patch on your lips.
- Not only that it will start tugging too.
- Its texture is quite waxy.
- I have dry lips and I simply cannot use this Primer lipstick without moisturizing first. So, I find it a little drying.
- I don’t think the primer is much effective in prolonging the longevity of the lipstick. The staying power is not that impressive.
- Maybe this is my fault. But I really expected it to have super smooth texture. I mean that’s what a lip primer is supposed to do right? I didn’t find anything of that sort from this lipstick.
- Beauties with dusky or dark complexion will do well without this shade.
- It is better to stop with 2 swipes of this lipstick. Go overboard and you’ll end up with streaky lip color on your lips.
Rating : 3.5/5.
- Always exfoliate before applying this lipstick.
- Never skip the lip balm.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I had very high hopes with this lipstick. I mean, primer and lipstick in one package? Cool idea, isn’t it? Moreover with fellow bloggers and vloggers raving about this, I just had to try it. But sadly, it didn’t fare well with me. It was in no way better than the 9-5 range lippies. In fact, I lean towards 9-5 more than primer + matte lipstick range. But this shade Rosy Mind is soo good and warm. It will be perfect for the summers!
Do I recommend it? Not really. Sorry Lakme. You failed to impress me with this.