Lip liners are god sent to prevent your lipsticks from bleeding out. They also define your lips so beautifully that you fall in love with them as much as you do with lipsticks! Today, I am going to review yet another product from my favorite brand – Lakme Perfect Definition Lip liner.
These liners are available in 4 shades-
11 Cocoa fudge
12 Black currant
23 Go grape
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP : Rs. 250
Content : 1.1 g
- It is suitable for daily wear.
- It can be used by women of all skin types.
- It is gentle on skin.
- It supports easy application.
- It has a staying power of 4-5 hours.
- It does not dry out my lips.
- It has a shelf life of 30 months.
- This particular shade can be used on lips instead of lipstick. It has a deep reddish maroon shade (sorry guys I’m bad at describing colors, you can look at the product swatch and verify if my description fits the color ).
- This liner works better as a substitute for lipstick than a liner.
- The color does not transfer on to my fingers even if I rub my lips.
- It feels super light on my lips.
- It has a really good pigmentation. One swipe is all you need for the color to show nicely.
- It is smudge proof.
- Quite waterproof.
- If you are a hygiene buff then this pencil liner is just right for you.
- Travel friendly.
- Its texture is not so smooth. It tugs on my lips when lining my lips.
- The product is a pencil liner. Hence, sharpening of pencil leads to product wastage.
- The tip of the liner breaks easily during application if you apply even a little pressure.
- It doesn’t come with a sharpener. So, finding the right sharpener might be an issue.
Rating : 4/5
- Always try the liner on your lips the first time you buy a particular lip liner. Offline buys are recommended than online buys.
- Choose a color as close to the shade of lipstick you are going to pair the liner with to get perfect defined lips.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
This shade of liner is perfect for me as it comes close to my natural lip color. I sometimes use it instead of lipstick and it’s amazing?. It’ll be perfect for halloween parties or ar nights when you choose to go with a dark ensemble. Yeah, you got me there. I love it as a replacement for lipstick more than a liner. It feels super light on my lips and the best part is that it doesn’t dry out my lips like a matte lipstick does.But on the flip side the tip breaks easily as I feel the wood surrounding the liner is not bonded well with the product inside.