Red lipsticks and women are like two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other. They compliment each other so beautifully. Red Rebel from the Lakme 9-5 Matte Lip Color range is a beautiful shade of red with orange undertones, perfect for women with warm skin tone.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content : 3.6 gram.
- Lakme 9-5 lipsticks come in a golden pinkish metallic tube with the product name written on top in white lettering.The packaging looks classy.
- There are 27 shades available in this range so basically you have so much of choices.
- It has good pigmentation. It delivers good color in a single swipe.
- Perfect matte finish.
- It is so light on your lips that you forget you’re wearing any product on your lips. I didn’t feel the slightly heavy feeling of wearing lipstick at all.
- Furthermore, it does not look cakey on your lips.
- It has a smooth texture that it glides on your lips pretty smoothly.
- It is not shimmery (I’m not a huge fan of shimmery lipsticks).
- With the right shade of lip liner, it makes your lips look fuller.
- It is travel friendly. The cap and the container are quite sturdy.
- It will look great on people with wheatish or medium skin tone.
- When it fades, it leaves a natural tint on your lips without being patchy.
- Affordable (you can get this lipsticks online for just rupees 350 ).
- Lakme 9-5 lipstick has a shelf life of 24 months.
- It dries out your lips. So, it’s a must to moisturizer your lips before application.
- The lipstick stays on for 2-3 hours only. Obviously the 9-5 claim is quite far-fetched. It semi survives meals. Reapplication is needed.
- Go easy on the eye makeup while wearing red lipsticks. It distracts the viewer from your beautiful lips and at times gives an impression of “too much makeup“.
- Be careful while choosing the right shade of red. If you have a warm skin tone, go for red shades with warm undertones like coral or orange. If you have a cool skin tone, go for bright red with pinkish undertones and bloody red shade too will look excellent on you.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I had bought this product a year and a half ago when the matte lipsticks were kind of new in the market. I had instantly fell in love with it. Seriously, I was more of a gloss girl until then. I am not a huge fan of sticky, oily feeling of lipsticks but then after this lipstick it is safe to say I DID get what the big deal about lipsticks is!!