I know Lakme keeps impressing us with its new launches. One such newbie is Lakme Lip Love Lip Care. It is a range of dual core lip balms, the first of its kind in India! Lakme Lip Love Lip Care claims to be a little tint with lots of lip care. This claim drew me to Lip Love like a bee towards honey.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 3.8 gm
Lakme lip Love Lip Care is available in 10 shades: cherry, strawberry, raspberry, grape, cocoa, peach, tangerine, blackberry, apricot, and vanilla. The shade I am going check today is Apricot.
- The packaging is color-coded. So it’s easy to find the shades if you own one too many of Lip Love lip balms.
- It is a dual core lip balm. The outer part has the tint while the core is white (I guess this is the moisturizing part).
- It comes in 10 shades, so you’ll definitely find your favorite shade among them.
- Apricot is a coral shade that gives a nice peachy finish once it settles in your lips.
- This shade will suit all skin types be it fair to dusky.
- And it is a nice neutral shade to play with.
- It has a creamy texture. Lakme Lip Love glides on effortlessly.
- Lip Love Lip Care moisturises my lips nicely.
- It is not much tinted. You need to apply 3-4 swipes to bring out the true color. But then I’m okay with this because it does not affect the color of the lipstick that I am going to wear on top of it.
- Furthermore, it has SPF 15.
- And it is affordable.
- It is travel friendly.
- Moreover, it has a shelf life of 24 months.
- The packaging failed to impress me. I’m used to Lakme products looking so attractive that this one doesn’t impress me at all.
- It moisturises my lips only for 3-4 hours. The tint lasts for another 2 hours. The 14 hour claim is bogus.
- It does not heal my chapped lips.
- I don’t like its smell. It’s quite strong and I feel it smells quite weird. The smell lasts for 1 hour.
- I wouldn’t recommend it for ladies with pigmented lips. It offers sheer coverage only.
Rating : 3.9/5.
- If you are sensitive to smell avoid this lip balm. I don’t mind mild smells that much. But this Lip Love Lip Care range from Lakme smells quite strong.
- Since it’s a sheer shade, you can use it underneath your lipstick without worrying about your lipstick’s true color be mixed with your lip balm color.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I’m a devoted Maybelline lip balm girl but the claims of one of its kind dual core lip balm drew me to this product. It is a good lip balm but not really good. Lip Love Lip Care has not swayed me away from Maybelline.
Would I recommend it? A half-hearted yes. The “not-so” tinted is a huge plus when applying matte lipsticks in light colors. But if you are sensitive towards smell, don’t go for it.