If your eyes feel naked without a kajal, join the club. I am a kajal lover too. I try on all sorts of kajals be it black, blue, green, pink etc. Now, I’m bored with color kajals and am on the lookout for good black kajals. On one such hunt, I came across Lakme Eyeconic Deep Black 22 hr Kajal.
It claims to be just what you need for completing your eye makeup or carrying a simple, only-kajal look. Just one stroke of the Lakme Eyeconic Kajal enhances your simple look to a more stylish avatar. It’s beat all your timelines, be it meetings, traveling or just a day out and lasts for 22 hrs. After hearing all these claims do you really think I could resist getting it?
Lakme Eyeconic Kajal Claims :
- Smudge proof and convenient twist- up format for deep stroke.
- Water proof, lasts up to 22 hrs.
- Deep Black Finish.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP: Rs.180 (available online at Amazon, Nykaa, Jabong and Flipkart).
Content: 0.35 gm.
- The packaging is the usual blue and black pack from Lakme. It looks nice. The twist up tube is convenient. It even has the manufactured date and shelf life written on it and has the shade deep black printed on the tube.
- Eyeconic Kajal has great pigmentation. It delivered deep black color in one stroke.
- Lakme Eyeconic Kajal has a smooth texture. It glides on my lids effortlessly. But unlike other super buttery products, it does not break. A huge kudos to Lakme for getting the texture just right.
- The kajal stays intact for 6 hours on me. It smudges a little (very little like it’s not obvious to look at) after that. It starts being super smudgy after 9 hours on me. I seriously feel like I’m in a science lab, recording the observations???.
- Also, it settled into a matte finish. It is more matte than Kajal Magique and Super Black.
- I love that it doesn’t look patchy or settle tiny black particles on my lash line.
- Dermatologically tested and is safe for the eyes.
- Also, it is smudgeproof. It smudges very little even when I rubbed my eyes.
- Waterproof. I washed my face with it and it stayed intact.
- It gets removed quite easily with a good makeup remover.
- Therefore, I find Lakme Eyeconic Kajal to be a great everyday kajal. Be it’s price, ease of use, smooth texture and particularly the easy removal part makes me love it.
- It is a great choice for beginners. Since, it is affordable.
- Shelf life : 30 months.
- While 22 hour claim is not true, it did stay on my eyelash for 14 hours or so with smudging.
Rating : 5/5.
- If you are a beginner and don’t have a makeup remover, use olive oil or coconut oil.
- Don’t have anything handy? You can wash your face with your usual soap or facewash and rub a little. Though I don’t really recommend this, let’s just say you are out on an unexpected travel and forgot to carry your makeup remover. Desperate times.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
In conclusion, Lakme Eyeconic Kajal gets some bonus points from my side for its buttery smooth texture. It glides giving off a deep black finish in one go. The staying power is also great for 180 bucks. This is my go to kajal for daily wear these days!
Would I recommend this product? Yes, it is worth every penny you spend on it.