Eyeshadow is a mystery in itself. But like anything mystical, it is also incredibly beautiful and something you can play around with because it’s all about creativity!! And we all know women are naturally gifted in that area!! If not, it’s fine. Practice will help you perfect this art. I, myself am a beginner in eye makeup but I just love it and I’ll keep practicing to try and get a nice look. Today I am going to review Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Quartet (Tanjore Rush).
It comes in 3 variants-
- Desert Rose.
- Silk Route.
- Tanjore Rush.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP: Rs.600 (buy it at good discounts from Jabong, Amazon and Nykaa)
Content: 7 gm.
- The packaging is nice. The quartet has 4 colors in a plastic case with a transparent lid.
- It comes with a dual sided sponge tip applicator.
- The Tanjore Rush palette contains a jewel toned purple, an olive green, a molten gold and a dark copper shade. All the shades contain shimmers(Clockwise direction).
- Jewel toned Purple : It has a super soft texture. It blends well. It has great pigmentation. No fallout (the shimmers don’t fall out).
- Olive Green : It has soft texture. It blends well. It has great pigmentation. No fallout.
- Molten Gold : The texture is not so smooth. It blends okayish. The pigmentation is good.
- Dark Copper : Not so smooth texture. It blends okayish. The pigmentation is good.
- It stays on my eyes for 3-4 hours without a primer and 6+ hours with primer.
- It is a great product for beginners.
- It’s reasonably priced for a branded eyeshadow.
- It is great for creating festive looks.
- The case is travel friendly.
- There is considerable fallout in both molten gold and dark copper shades.
- The Tanjore Rush palette lacks highlighter shade or a dark matte shade to apply along the crease.
- The applicator is too small to be of any use. I just use my brushes for application.
- It is not smudgeproof.
- Not waterproof.
Rating : 4.2/5.
- Apply primer on your eye area.
- Use the copper shade as a base and apply it all over your eyelid.
- Take the golden shade and apply it on the inner corners of your eyes.
- Blend the golden shade with the copper shade from the inner eyes towards the middle of the eyelid. But stop just before reaching the mid eye.
- Take the purple shade and apply below your lower lash line and work it upwards forming a V along your eyes.
- Blend in the purple shade from outwards towards the mid eye.
- There you go you have got the beautiful festive look!
- If you have oily lids, please use a good primer underneath.
- You can use your blush as a highlighter. Just dampen the brush and use it just below your brows to highlight.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Tanjore Rush is a good festive palette. But you cannot use all the shades to create a look like Maybelline quartets. I have tried a festive look that even beginners can try out. I tried the look with only this palette. All in all, this is a great festive palette at a reasonable cost.
I recommend it.