Lakme Enrich Crayon has created a stir in the market. And when I got online to grab these crayons, I could only find Red Stop and Berry Red at the time. So, let’s check it out and decide if I should buy the rest of the shades.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 2.2 gm.
- Lakme Enrich Crayons come in a crayon like pencil with the paper around it containing all the product information like product name, shade name, shelf life etc.
- The paper around the crayon is color-coded. So, it is super easy to ID the shade.
- Berry Red is a berry red shade with warm undertones.
- This shade will look flattering on all skin tones.
- It gives medium to full coverage to the lips.
- So beauties with pigmented lips, you are free to pick up this range.
- It applies smoothly on lips. It doesn’t tug. Yep, better than Red Stop in this case.
- Lakme Enrich Crayon stays on for 5+ hours on me easily without having any food and snacks.
- In addition, it fades leaving a natural tint on your lips.
- It does not bleed from the lips.
- I even use it to line my lips, like a lip liner.
- You can apply lipstick precisely even with no experience of any sort. It is just like using a crayon to color a picture.
- Lakme Enrich Crayons are super affordable. Isn’t it their top-selling point?
- It is an amazing product for beginners. It is really easy to use.
- Travel friendly.
- Shelf life of 24 months.
- It comes with a free dual sharpener. So, Lakme finally heard my complaint that they should give complimentary sharpener with their products that need sharpening. This sharpener is great to use with my Lakme Liner too.
- Lakme Enrich Crayon is not food proof. It fades even with light meals.
- Also, it is not smudgeproof. It smudges every time you accidentally rub it.
- Furthermore, it transfers like crazy. Be ready to have it on your spoons, glasses etc.
- It settles into fine lines. Now that is not a pretty sight, is it?
- It dries out my lips. This revelation was a disappointment for me because I thought it’ll be enriching in sync with its name.
- Enrich Crayons need frequent sharpening. So there is a lot of product wastage.
Rating : 3.9/5.
- It will work great as an everyday wear because you can apply it on your lips super quick. You just can’t go wrong with this lipstick crayon.
- But if it smudges or goes off a bit you can always wipe it away using a soft tissue or a q-tip (my personal preference is a q-tip).
- It is necessary to exfoliate your lips before applying this crayon to prevent it from settling into your fine lines.
- Don’t forget to moisturize before applying this lip crayon.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
After hearing tons of positive stuff about them on sites, YouTube etc., I was super curious on how it’ll turn out. I have mixed feelings with Lakme Enrich Crayons. It’s an affordable lipstick that’s really convenient to use. On the flip side, it dries the lips, transfers like crazy and worst of all settles into fine lines. But out of Red Stop and Berry Red, I like Berry Red more because of its color as well as texture.
So, Would I recommend it? Nope, not unless you are an absolute beginner. If so, then it’ll be a great way to apply lipstick until you learn to properly apply it. If not, there are better options out there if you spend a couple of bucks extra.