L.A. Colors is the current IT brand in the U.S. The fact that it is super cheap, their products start as low as $ 0.99 (around 65 bucks) and the maximum price itself is below $ 7, and are decently pigmented make them a great buy. Today, we’ll be looking at Expressions, their 12 Color Eyeshadow palette.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP: Differs from site to site and even from seller to seller. If you buy from Dollar Tree ($0.99 to $1.29), Amazon.com ($5.19 to $6.95), Amazon.in (Rs.799 to Rs.1189) and Flipkart (Rs.885 to Rs.1399).
Content: 0.49 oz or 14 gm.
L.A. Colors 12 Colors eyeshadow has 6 different palettes.
- The packaging is slim and simple with a transparent plastic lid that is useful to look at the shades inside.
- True to its name, the palette Traditional is a super workable one. All the shades are neutral and you can easily carry them off in a work environment.
- The texture differs from shade to shade. In general, most of the shades have powdery texture. Though it takes a little longer to blend in the shades, the powdery texture makes it last longer.
- Every girl irrespective of the eye color can use this palette with ease.
- There are 2 matte shades and 10 shimmery shades. Thankfully, the shimmery shades are not chunky but are rather subtle.
- The shades blend quite well. The brown shades were the easiest to blend. The lighter shades required a little more work.
- All the 10 shimmery shades are decently pigmented. Only the lighter shades lack pigmentation. Nothing 2-3 swipes can’t fix. The color begins to show pretty well after that.
- It will suit all skin tones.
- The Traditional Eyeshadow palette has a decent staying power. It stayed for 3-4 hours without a primer. But lasted up to 6-7 hours on me with primer.
- The shades are quite versatile with a white highlighter shade, beautiful browns and taupes, contour shades etc.
- This product has a shelf life of 36 months! And, the best part? You can use it 36 months from the date of opening not the manufactured date. Cool, isn’t it?
- Affordable (in U.S at least).
- It is a cruelty from brand.
- The packaging is flimsy. It will surely break if not we’ll organised during travel. Not travel friendly.
- The shades don’t have names. So, you can refer them using only numbers or the row/column.
- It takes a little extra time to blend in the shades perfectly.
- It is difficult to layer up different shades as the powdery texture means the different shades blend with each other.
- The 2 matte shades and the lighter shimmery shades are not that pigmented. So, they demand patience and 2-3 layers to show up properly.
- Contains parabens.
Rating : 3.8/5.
- I definitely recommend a primer with this eyeshadow.
- Always start doing your eye makeup first and then move on to the rest of the face.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
I love this eyeshadow especially for the shades. This is a great neutral eyeshadow for beginners. You just can’t go wrong with this. You mix something with anything, you’ll end up with a beautiful neutral look. The versatility
So, would I recommend it? If you are in the U.S or have someone to pick it up for you, it is definitely worth buying. But I wouldn’t recommend this if you have to spend more than 600 bucks.