Last weekend was all about skin care. So, I thought why not add some hair care to it. I had a mini hair spa using Essential oil and carrier oil (review coming up). I also had a mini relaxing facial with the Face Shop mask sheet. A massive discount is going on Nykaa and I took full advantage of it. Buy any 5 mask sheets and get 5 free. Amazing, right? Especially on a trusted South-Korea based skin care line like Face Shop which provides fabulous goodies for our beauty rituals. So, this week we will be checking out the Lily Face Mask sheet – Lily Lis.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP : Rs.100 (buy it at good discounts from Jabong, Amazon and Nykaa)
Content : 20 gm.
So, what’s a mask sheet?
- A mask sheet is a face shaped fabric sheet drenched in a nutrition packed serum.
- It can be used only once.
- The Face Shop mask is made of soft cotton material ( like the cleaning cloth you get with your specs).
- The packaging looks really good. It is slim, stylish (am I really describing a packet like that?), soft and super classy.
- And it has instructions and ingredients given in English, French and Korean.
- It has natural extracts.
- This serum in this was not as thick as the Calendula mask. So,it was very easy to blend into my skin.
- Furthermore, it evened out my skin, it’s as if a photo filter was added to smoothen your face.
- It moisturised my skin.
- Also, it freshened up my face. My face was kind of dull after continuous exposure to sun that week.
- It is an amazing facial option for lazy girls like me or super busy woman who don’t have time to visit a salon.
- Lily Lis mask made my skin soft.
- It brightened my skin a little (though temporarily).
- And it is relaxing when you have it on. I slept like a baby that night.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Shelf life : 36 months.
- It has alcohol.
- Lily Lis smells okayish. It doesn’t have any flowery fragrance. It just smelled like some strong perfume.
- Though it made my skin soft, the effect has already started fading?.
- It didn’t affect my pores. It neither reduced it nor increased it. Am I to be blamed for expecting it to reduce the pore size even a little? 😛
Rating : 4/5.
- After washing face, apply toner all over your face. I used home-made toner prepared using 2 parts water and 1 part apple cider vinegar.
- Unfold the mask sheet carefully. Avoid product from being spilled.
- Spread it over your face, adjusting from eyes to nose. Don’t worry if it doesn’t fit your face, just adjust it to cover maximum part of your face.
- You can apply the left over serum on to your neck and hands.
- I took the mask off after 14-15 minutes after all the serum is absorbed by the skin.
- You can be sure of that when your mask starts drying.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Lily Lis mask is a decent mask. It made my dull face fresh after application. The effect was not as prolonged as Calendula mask. But if you have pores and are looking for a reasonably priced mask. This is a great mask.
So ladies, this is a mask that I you care choose to freshen your face and make it brighter. It can be worn before attending weddings or any other functions.