Hello Peeps! So, I was out to visit my cousin recently when that female quite literally shoved this lipstick in front of my face and was like, “You should definitely review this on your blog” and started gushing about it. That spiked my interest in this lippy even before I tried it on. Because she isn’t so fond of makeup and rarely wears any. So, today’s review is all about Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick- Peach Crush which I find to be an insanely awesome lipstick right within your budget.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Content: 4.2 gm.
- The packaging looks okay. It comes in a metallic tube with a transparent, plastic cap which shuts with a click. No fear of it coming off.
- Also, the bottom of the tube has the shade name written on it making it easy to ID.
- Were you expecting me to say it has 10 shades? 15 shades? Mmm.. how about 39? Yep! No kidding. This Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick is available in 39 shades. You can have your pick among insane amounts of reds, pinks, corals, browns, mauve, purple, plum and even black.
- Peach Crush is more of an orange-y red shade with a hint of pink in it than peach.
- All this mix of colors makes Peach Crush the go-to shade for different outfits.
- The texture is creamy and smooth. Not at all what I expected from a matte lipstick.
- Surprisingly, it moisturized my lips for some time before settling into a matte finish.
- Most importantly, it lasts 6+ hours on me without budging even after light snacks. But when it does fade with meals, it fades evenly and leaves behind a nice stain.
- And the stain stays unless removed with makeup remover. Why a pro than a con? Because you’ll not be left with bare lips after it fades.
- The best thing about this lipstick is probably its pigmentation. I mean one swipe of this delivers amazing color enough to cover even pigmented lips.
- It is perfect for warm undertones.
- Furthermore, it doesn’t feather or bleed from the lips but rather sits tight!
- It brightens up my complexion instantly. Go Peach Crush!
- It doesn’t dry up lips like other matte lipsticks and it starts off as a creamy glossy lipstick and goes on to settle into a matte finish after an hour or two.
- It’ll complement wheatish to dusky skin tones really well.
- The price is very reasonable and trust me, you’ll find this lipstick to be worth every penny.
- Shelf life: 3 years.
- It settles into fine lines after an hour or so if you have failed to exfoliate your lips.
- The plastic cap is prone to breakage and really travel friendly.
Rating : 4.6/5.
- Use olive oil to remove the leftover stain. It is not only 100% natural and nourishing but also tastes way better than a makeup remover (OMG! Something is wrong with me *face-palm*).
- If you have exfoliated your lips beforehand you can go ahead and skip lip balm with this lippy.
- But if you haven’t, then it is best if you apply lip balm. This lipstick has a tendency to highlight chapped lips and settle into the fine lines. Et tu, Peach Blush? 🙁
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
i feel it is an amazing buy at this price. The color delivery, staying power and the gorgeous shade are just icing on the cake. Needless to say, Colorbar has yet again given us a great shade that will suit Indian skin tones.
Would I recommend? Yea definitely.