I had already confessed that I am partial towards gloss. Maybe it’s because of the ease with which it can be carried off or maybe how hydrating and non-fussy they are. It’s because of this love I had bought this gloss which I never thought I would buy. Yeah, it’s a shimmery gloss?. But this shade was something new and CORAL. So, I had to try it out!! The shade Coral Embrace from the Colorbar Sheer Gloss range really caught me.
Coral Embrace is such a beautiful shade of peachy coral with golden shimmers.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP : Rs.675 (Available at Nykaa, Amazon, Flipkart).
Content: 3.3 ml.
- The packaging is silver cardboard box with black lettering and the gloss comes in a transparent plastic tube. the packaging scores with me.
- The applicator is straight and doe-shaped. I supports easy application.
- It gives an amazing glassy finish (true to its claims!! ?).
- It has a light creamy consistency.
- The shade will look good on wheatish to medium skin tones but will look great on fair skin tones.
- Also, it is hydrating. So, you can safely skip moisturizing your lips.
- And it feels super light on lips that you will forget your wearing a lip gloss much less a gloss containing shimmer.
- It makes your lips look smoother and fuller.
- Sheer Glass Lip Gloss provides sheer coverage.
- In addition, it gives a nice sheer look that lasts for 3+ hours surviving light snacks.
- The tube is quite sturdy. Travel friendly.
- It is non sticky.
- The shimmer are not chunky but rather subtle.
- Moreover, it is preservative free, allergen free, nano ingredients free and perfume free.
- Dermatologically tested.
- Has a shelf life of 36 months.
- The applicator picks up too much of product.
- The product starts settling into fine lines in the lips after an hour of application. Ugh! Why Coral Embrace? Why?
- The golden shimmer stay even after wiping away the gloss. It looks awkward having glitters on your lips.
- I feel it’s too expensive for such a sheer coverage.
- The idea of swallowing glitter along with food doesn’t sit well with me.
- It is not for people with pigmented lips.
Rating : 4.2/5.
- Coral Embrace can be used with as top layer with lipsticks for a nice finish. So if you have pigmented lips and bought this product on an impulse, this will be a great way of using this gloss.
- Use this gloss in the evenings and not during daytime.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
This is the first glittery gloss I have ever bought and I think this fared better than I expected. Even I have to admit that this gloss helps take your lips to a whole new level if you apply it on top of lipstick and lip liner. The glassy finish it provdes is joust fantastic!
Would I recommend it? Hell, yeah! Can’t say no to the glassy finish.