Okay, lets admit. It is extremely hard to find a 100% natural lip balm that actually works in the Indian market. It’s like finding a needle from a haystack. Burt’s Bees lip balms are popular for being 100% natural and super effective.
So, today I’m going to check out the Guava shade from their lip shimmer range.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
MRP: Rs. 474 (available only in Amazon as far as I know)
Content: 0.09 oz (2.6 gm)
Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer is available in 14 shades.
- The lip shimmer comes in a yellow slim twister tube with the cap being the same color as the shade. If you have different shades, it’s really helpful to choose the shade you want without actually having to open the cap.
- The Guava shade has a lilac hue with silver shimmer. This shade will look good on fair-skinned people. Wheatish and dark-skinned beauties, stay away!
- Burt’s Bee lip shimmer has shea butter, beeswax and antioxidant rich fruit oils. The ingredients list brings a smile to my lips. It’s 100% natural.
- This lip balm has a smooth texture (but not as smooth as their shimmer less lip balms). I blame the shimmery particles for this.
- The lip shimmer is also free of parabens, phthalates, petrolatum and SLS.
- This product has 14 available shades from pink, plum, to peach, cocoa and mauve. So, you will definitely find a shade that looks flattering on you.
- It moisturises and nourishes my lips quite well.
- It has a strong mint/menthol smell which I like because it’s refreshing. And that smell lasts for a couple of hours.
- The first thing that strikes me when I apply this lip balm is the cool tingle feeling on my lips (thanks to all the menthol ?). I have never experienced such a cooling feeling from a lip balm.
- My lips feel super plump after applying this lip shimmer.
- Burt’s Bees color and luminous shimmer helps lips look healthy and natural.
- Not only is it soothing, it also heals my chapped lips quite well.
- It provides good coverage. Also, it works for people with pigmented lips also.
- It has a good staying power. Stays on my lips for more than 6 hours.
- Travel friendly.
- The color is too light in this shade.
- It settles into fine lines after some time.
- I feel it’s a little overpriced.
- It’s moisturizing yeah but not as moisturizing as shimmer less lip balms from Burt’s Bee.
- I wouldn’t recommend this shade for applying over your lipsticks like some of the other shades I have tried. This shade has an opaque finish.
- Availability. It is not easily available in India.
Rating : 3.5/5.
- Apply this before going to bed in an A/C room if your lips have a tendency to crack due to prolonged exposure to cold air.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
The shade guava doesn’t suit me at all. But I can’t say I regret my purchase. It is really effective to prevent my lips from getting chapped. Temperature in Chennai is over the roofs, it’s impossible to sleep without air-conditioning. But my lips have a tendency to chap due to prolonged exposure to cold air. So, I apply this before going to bed and guess what my lips stay moisturized till the next morning. Maybe next time I will pick a better shade.
Will I recommend this product? Yes, it is worth a buy just for its minty smell and feel. But choose a better shade is all I have to say.
Have a great day guys!!