- 125 gm – Blueberries
- 1 cup – Yogurt or Curd
- 2 tbs- Condensed Milk (optional)
- 2 tsp- Sugar or 4 tsp- Sugar (if no condensed milk)
- Some Ice cubes
Blend everything for 15-30 sec in a blender. You got yourself a super yummy anti-oxidants loaded Blueberry Smoothie!
Step by Step Version:
Adding Sugar or Condensed Milk is completely up to you. If you are calorie conscious or just trying to avoid sugar, you can use 1 tsp honey instead.
- Firstly, it is low in calorie and nutrient dense.
- Just 1-cup has up to 4 gm of fiber, 84 calories, 15 gm of carbohydrates.
- Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese.
- Most importantly, it has one of the highest antioxidant levels. Hence, protection against cell damage, aging and diseases, such as cancer, heart disease and high blood pressure.
- Also, anti-oxidants in blueberries aids brain function, delays mental decline. It also has anti-diabetes effects, improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels.
2. YOGURT/ CURD:
- Rich in calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, and magnesium.
- It’s a great probiotic, aiding in healthy digestion and treating upset stomach.
- Curd improves immunity and helps in weight loss by preventing the accumulation of cortisol.
- Since it is rich in calcium and phosphorus, it helps in the development of strong bones and teeth.