Hiya ladies, gentlewomen and sistahs from other mothers ! Today we take a peak into Benton.. Wait what ? Ben10 ???? Sounds similar but is claimed to be healing clay. Hmm.. now that’s what we’re talking about – Bentonite Clay. CLAY that SLAYS. Or claims to do so. But first, an intro… (horns blowing effect) 😉
WHAT IS BENTONITE CLAY ?
It is a clay formed when volcanic ash breaks down in the presence of water. And.. it happens over time. It’s wonderful properties are acquired due to a mineral called ‘montmorillonite’. Yeah, a monstrous name.
Where is it found ? The US , China and Greece are top producers of bentonite clay. But don’t worry it’s also widely available online.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Price: Around $8 (when I got it on Amazon.com) or Rs.1550 (from Amazon.in).
Contents: 1 pound/ 454 gms.
- The packaging is a simple yet sturdy white plastic container with all the product details written on it.
- Bentonite Clay looks like a slight grey ash. Kind of like Seekakai or Sheeyarkai.
- Also, it has a soft, chalk like texture.
- Instant freshness can be felt.
- Face looks brighter and cleaner after first usage itself.
- Mild neutral fragrance. It does not irritate during application.
- Softer skin on application.
- Glow and softness of skin stays for a while through the week. I did not find this plus with other natural pastes or masks.
- It cleanses our skin by pulling toxins towards it.
- It is also said to be anti-bacterial.
- No animal testing or animal products in it. 100% cruelty free.
- Lumps are for med while making a paste. These do not make application easy.
- Clogs the drain when washed under a tap. But yo, it’s clay!
- Did not help with my blackheads. But it’s not exactly a part of the claim.
- Dries-up face. So careful if you have dry skin.
- It’s quite expensive, atleast in India.
- Availability is an issue too. It is available only on Amazon.
- I would consider using it with milk if you have dry skin. I haven’t tried it yet. The clay tends to dry up your face.
- Use an open tap or an open area where you don’t have to worry about clogging drains.
- Mix clay with water or apple cider vinegar to make thick paste
- Use a non-metal dish to make the paste. Metal deactivates its healing properties.
- Apply paste on face till dry
- Wash with warm water.
- Apply once a week.
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Been using it for a month now. Considering the amount of product for the price, it’s not so bad. Plus it’s natural. Plus it does cleanse and give a glow. As far as acne is concerned, I cannot determine the effect cos I don’t have any. (Knock some wood y’all) The quantity seems to be sufficient given a weekly-application. But I am no skin wizard. I need more time to say if it really went deep enough to cleanse my skin.
So, what are y’all waiting for ? Get messy and dive into clear skin world. Just kidding. Consistency is key.